Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Introduction & My Birthday

So....this is my first blog (well on this account. lol I lost my info to the other one). One of my New Year's resolutions was to write more. Whether it's for emotional purposes or recreational. For me....writing is a way of releasing emotions. Some are good, some are bad and some are to simply help me let go of things. I write a lot on scrap pieces of paper but this is 2010....times have changed. lol

So I guess I will tell y'all a little about myself. I'm a mother to the most amazing little boy named Koen. He's so full of life. He constantly makes me laugh. He's such a blessing and I constantly thank the big guy above for giving me the honor of raising him.

I have an AMAZING boyfriend. Whom I'm so thankful for. He came into my life at exactly the right time, when I needed someone the most. He is the best friend I could ever ask for. We have the best time together and I can't wait to see what the future will bring us.

As far as my family & friends. They are the best. I couldn't ask for anything better!

Ok....another thing. Today is my birthday (Whoop Whoop....big 2-4! lol) and Koen said the cutest thing to me last night! I got home from work and he told me he got me a cake for tomorrow (today) and that it was in the fridge. He even said it was a cake with a flower on it. So I'm all excited and I go walking to the fridge and there isn't anything in there. So I asked Koen where it was and he starts giggling and says "Mommy it's a pretend cake!". HAHAHAHA it was the cutest thing ever. So I just wanted to share!

This year has probably been one of the most satisfying birthdays ever. I feel like my heart is just overflowing with kind words and wishes from my friends and family. I couldn't have even dreamt of a more perfect day. Waking up next to my little lovebug (Koen) and him saying "Happy Birfday Moooooommmmmyyyyy" first thing when I wake up. And then my awesome boyfriend Brandon waking up early and calling me to wish me a Happy Birthday before I go into work (when he should have been sleeping since he worked a 15 hour shift yesterday). Then when I got to work today I had an email from my mom telling me to meet her, dad and Koen at Red Lobster after work for dinner. Ohhh and I almost forgot....I even had a present sitting in my chair at work from my friend Angela. It was a basket of smelly good things....my fave!

The little things have just made it such a special day. And I'm so very thankful for everyone I have in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment