Saturday, February 27, 2010

More Feb. goodies!

Ok....so I told myself I wouldn't buy anything else this month. lol I've kind of went spending crazy lately...but Sally's was having a pretty good sale going on so I just couldn't help myself. And I was in desperate need of retail therapy! So...the first thing I got:


It's called Venetian Blends Hair Therapy. And it's pretty much just a deep conditioner. You put it on clean towel dried hair and let it sit for about 5 minutes then rinse it out. I usually just put it on my ends because that's the driest part of my hair. If I put it on my roots it looks oily and dirty afterward. It smells great and I really like it so far.


Ok I have been on the hunt for a good straightener for a while now. I've gotten 2 different ones this past month and have returned both of them. Both were from Walmart. One was a Remington shine one and the other was a the Conair Silver Nano. Both were HORRIBLE and cheaply made. So onto Sally's I went. I really didn't want to spend over $50 for one but the more I kept thinking about it I realized that this is my hair and I want to keep it healthy and awesome...so therefore I didn't mind spending the $59.99 for the GVP. It stands for Great Value Products and is compared to the CHI. I have used a CHI and honestly the GVP feels just like it. Has the same heat settings and all. But mine is way cuter. It's hot pink with "diamonds" lol. I really like it and it just might be the best $60 I have spent.



Last but not least I got a travel size bottle of Volumizing spray. I didn't want to get the big bottle just in case I didn't like it... and thankfully I didn't. It's by So Gorgeous supposed to be compared to Big Sexy Hair. But it's not at all. You can spray it on your hair wet before you style for "maximum volume" or you can use it as a finishing spray. But...so far neither have done anything for my hair. But it may for someone else.

And then I also got some Ion Flat Iron Cream. It's a heat protectant with healing Jojoba in it. You only need to use a TINY bit or else it will make it greesy looking. I again just apply it to my ends. And you put it on while it's towel dried before using your blow dryer or straightener. It has these heat activated beads that you can literally see and feel while applying it to your hair. And they (the beads) "start working" when heat is applied. So far I like it. It leaves my hair looking more put together if that makes sense. It's also part of their anti-frizz line and I like it a lot so far. And it's reasonably priced compared to other heat protectants that I have used and see to even work better. Def a great buy.

Ok so that's it...hope I have helped with some decision making! lol

2 comments: